Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Think pink!

The other day, I was driving through our neighborhood when I spied a carpet of lovely, rosy color under a flowering tree. I actually had to pull over and snap a few pics. How much fun must it be to walk out the door to a pink carpet in the springtime?



I'm not sure what these trees/shrubberies/topiaries are, but I want to plant 5 or 6 on our deck. {Too bad said deck is the size of a Bolivian postage stamp.}



And right across the street from all the lovely pink was this vision of springtime bloomery.  I think I may have come across some variety of gardenia.  I also think I am a little light-headed from all the green popping up here in Portland. For a girl accustomed to arid mountain springtimes, this is positively overstimulating...there is supposed to be snow on the ground still!


This is my first springtime where the calendar and the weather are in agreement that the season is a-changing. Happy spring, y'all.

2 comments:

Miranda said...

That second picture is GORGEOUS! Spring/Summer in the pacific northwest almost (almost) made up for the crazy gray winters for me. The colors! The greenery! The smell of the ocean! I could easily own a summer home in Bellingham, WA and be a happy camper...and not just because that would mean I owned two homes.

Honeycombs said...

OKay so I am leaving a comment even though you have no idea who I am. I am from Driggs and one of the many O'Brien girls. My older sister Nicki was in Bart's class at school. I live in Tacoma Washington now and just had to say as an Idaho girl as well I have really learned to love it here in the PNW. I do miss the sunshine in the middle of winter, but the spring and summer months are amazing.
That is a camillia bush in the second picture and they are super hearty and continue to spring up all over in our yard from the bushes we have.