It turns out that there are some pretty amazing things about summer here in Oregon. Feast your eyes, folks:
Obsidian blackberries ~ Oregon, July 2010 ~ by Katie
Last week, I skipped out on work a few hours early one afternoon and joined El Husband for an afternoon of berry-picking out in the sun. I had never encountered honest-to-goodness fresh blackberries before moving here, and I will just tell you that the smell...oh, my goodness, the smell is sensational.
Standing next to Bart in a shaft of sunlight, listening to the thump of our pickings into the buckets, I realized that I was more content than I'd been in a long time. And that is a superb feeling.
The Husband ~ Oregon, July 2010 ~ by Katie
I think I just may go back tomorrow for more...

2 comments:
Yay! That is one of my all time FAVORITE things about the Northwest. One year we picked 15 lbs. of raspberries! The trail I used to run on was covered in blackberry bushes and I would eat them as I ran...
Glad to hear you're feeling content.
Dude, I love the pick. So classic Oregon. Savor some of those fresh berries for me eh?
Post a Comment