Sunday, August 30, 2009

Man of Science...

As you know from previous posts I think highly of science and of the scientific method. As you know from how good of shape I am in (round is a shape) I like to use the scientific method for food.

We went to the Oregon State Fair yesterday. It was fun going back to my roots and seeing all of the animals, as a kid I would show dairy cows at the fair in Idaho. While there I tested a food item that we have been seeing at various "country" gatherings for several years. It had to have come from the South. What you ask is this mouth watering delight?


Fried Twinkie





Overall, it taste like you expect a twinkie that is deep fat fried to taste like. Nothing unusual and nothing that is worth the heart attack that I will have several years earlier than I already would have had one.

3 comments:

Scott and Kel said...

I tried the same thing in Cassia County...as well as deep fried oreos. Not worth it, I felt my heart miss a few pumps as the clog went through!!!

Becca said...

Nigh unto the fried twinkie is the slightly less known fried snickers bar. Although it contains a better, chocolatier taste, it will no doubt cause the same early heart attack you mentioned. Ahhhh the southern fried heart attacks on a stick....can't live without 'em....can't survive with them! Too much beer and too much free time lead to these culinary discoveries. I think the southern humidity may add to the experimental conditions surrounding these tasty break-throughs. I can hear it now..."Hey Judd, whatcha thinkle happun ifwee stuff a milkyway bar intu thu middle of uh twinkie, dippit in pancake battur an fry it up?"
Yum Yum!

Kitchen Kamikaze said...

Um, Becca....isn't a good 50% of your offsprings' genetic protoplasm direct from a Southern-born source?
I'm just sayin'.