Monday, September 7, 2009

Notoriously laborious

The Husby and I have a Labor Day tradition. Historically, we somehow wrangle a ridiculous home project on said "day off".

There was our first Labor Day in our house, when we put in a bit of backbreaking hardscaping.
Then there was Labor Day weekend the following year, when we had the good sense to run away to a bed and breakfast for a couple of nights, only to come back the next afternoon and put in a retaining wall.

This year, apartment dwelling notwithstanding, I stuck with tradition and found me a domicile-improvement project.

Thanks to two trips to Husby's not-so-favorite store {because really, no project worth its salt is complete without at least two such excursions}, I stocked up on supplies and remedied the putrid color of our apartment. Now, instead of "Baby-Poo-Meets-Butternut-Squash", the hallway and kitchen are clad in a soothing coat of Glidden's "Icy Waterfall". Much mo' bettah.

All this while my poor boy is making the transition to nocturnal employee for the remainder of the month, because I'm just that kind of wife. {Poor guy.} I hope your day was labor-free!

3 comments:

Becca said...

You guys and your projects are so amazing. Please post pictures. I am sure it looks amazing.

Kitchen Kamikaze said...

You are a sweet, sweet friend. Pics coming up.

Katharina said...

Er, that last comment was from ME, Bec.