Monday, March 15, 2010

In which I am confirmed to be a card-carrying nerd.

Yesterday was a momentous occasion, folks. 
I made my very first cherry pie. 
No canned filling, either...a friend at work shared some of her precious stash of frozen sour cherries. 

{And now I will be groveling at her feet like some junkie, begging for my next hit of fruity nectar.}

Side note: Williams-Sonoma once again cemented their place in my heart as purveyors of moderately useless, yet completely engaging kitchen gadgets...see the darling little cherry piecrust stamps below?  


As I was popping my prize into the oven, I realized that it was a special day.

March 14th.
3/14.
Pi day.

Realizing that there would be pie on pi day, well...it just tickled my funny bone.
I giggled.
I chortled.
Actually, I'm still chuckling at the lovely coincidence of it all.

Happy, happy pi day, friends.


Editor's note: Upon discussing this momentous occasion, one of the residents {doctors-in-training} at work may or may not have asked me if "all of the other Star Trek convention attendees got as excited as I did about pi day". Humph. I bet she's a closet tribble-lover.

6 comments:

Katie said...

We don't celebrate pi day in our house...

we celebrate mole day...at 6:02 pm on October 23...6.02 x 10^23...avagadro's number...

Does that make you feel less nerdy?

The Marx Family said...

We will celebrate pi day with you any time! It was heavenly!

Kirstin said...

Thanks, I needed the laugh tonight...that was hilarious!

Katharina said...

Katie: Bless you for making me feel as though I have company in the ranks of nerd-dom! I love it.

Miranda said...

"purveyors of moderately useless, yet completely engaging kitchen gadgets"

Dear Williams-Sonoma,

I have your new tag-line.

(am off to buy a cherry stamp!)

Katharina said...

Miss Miranda--
The cherry stampers are {maddeningly} seasonal and {infuriatingly} limited in number. Ebay is your best bet.