Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Breakfast For Dinner

There is an ongoing science experiment in our fridge.  It gets fed semi-regularly, occasionally makes a heck of a mess, and smells like old socks.  While we don't take it around the block for a walk, we have been known to tenderly handle--nay, to baby-- the contents of a sizable petri dish.  What is this stinky concoction, you may ask?  A gastronomical delight...sourdough start!  

We have a tasty tradition of converting our refrigerator pet into sourdough pancakes for dinner on the first Sunday of each month.   Add a dollop of my mother-in-law's raspberry jam to the stack, and I'm in paradise.  Bart prefers a drizzle of homemade buttermilk syrup for his poison.

Due to scheduling conflicts, the monthly carb-fest was honored tonight rather than over the weekend. While I worked out downstairs in anticipation of the breakfast-y goodness, my Kitchen Kamikaze whipped up a feast for the eyes and the palate.  I had picked up some deeply discounted kitchen gadgets at Cr@te & B@rrel's post-Christmas extravaganza, and...voila! Check out Bart's masterful griddle handiwork.   Eggs over easy and pancakes.  Or snowflakes. Or snowcakes!

3 comments:

Chelle and Aaron said...

Mmmm...I might have to invite ourselves over for the next fast sunday...again...

McD's heart Moultons...and their delicious creations.

Becca said...

Wow, the pancakes turned out great!

Becca said...

Thanks for showing me those little pancake makers!