Friday, July 10, 2009

Back in business

Audrey Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's

We are back from our transatlantic adventures. I must confess, I'm not really sure what day it is. We left the hotel yesterday at 7:30 am Prague time and landed at 11:45 pm Portland time on the same day, with eight hours of limbo time shifting around in between. {Bart calculated 28 hours of traveling logged.}

Everyone should go to Europe as often as possible. Pure magic.

Our first day back in the Land of Reality commenced with breakfast in bed from The Husby.

Everyone should wake up to eggs and toast.

After we finished unpacking our suitcases, I kissed Bart out the door for school and spent the morning shuffling moving accoutrements down to our very own garage unit. {Yay for storage space!} While repeatedly running the stairs with heavy boxes, I noticed a lady in the adjacent parking lot wearing a cardboard box on her head, rather eclectic clothing on the rest of her, with her arms laced through multiple shopping bags, and a catatonic stare directed in my vicinity. She was resistant to waving back in response to my greeting. Or to saying hello. Or to answering my query of whether she needed help. Just standing there, staring at me and my boxes for several minutes.

And that is when I decided to un-prop the open building door and lock up the garage.

Because everyone should come indoors and take a sandwich break when the neighborhood strangefolk decide to pop out to wordlessly watch your every move.

1 comment:

Becca said...

Portland is truly living up to its stereotypes. Next time I want pictures of the said cardboard box bag lady.