Ahem. I am a tad embarrassed to post this little drool-session of mine so closely on the heels of my spouse's heckling. But far be it from me to refrain from sharing eye candy.
Spring has a touch of magic to it. To see little green shoots come back to life, to know that there is color and scent in those tiny flower buds, is a bit mysterious and divine. The feeling of anticipation after a season of winter makes my toes tingle a little. And I get so excited to see newness and vibrance around the corner. Here are a couple of lovely things that just make me smile:
Once again, the magnates of all that is kitchen-ly have been busy. I'm half-convinced their marketing folk pick through the five year old, ponies and pink-loving portion of my subconscious to suss out all the things that will make me clap my hands and squeal in delight. {Never mind just how large a percentage of my brain IS five years old...}
Once again, the magnates of all that is kitchen-ly have been busy. I'm half-convinced their marketing folk pick through the five year old, ponies and pink-loving portion of my subconscious to suss out all the things that will make me clap my hands and squeal in delight. {Never mind just how large a percentage of my brain IS five years old...}
This arrangement of alabaster eggs is just plain pretty. No practical usage but that of making your Easter table look beautiful and springtime fresh. Sometimes the world just makes me happy by showing up with something beautiful.
Williams-Sonoma alabaster Easter eggs, Spring 2010 collection
This next egg-stravaganza is a notch above pretty; it's clever.
Williams-Sonoma's chocolate-filled robin's eggs, Spring 2010 collection
Those are actual-factual eggshells, filled with yumminess. There is a little piece of me trying to figure out just how many hours it would take to blow out my own eggshells, tint them robins' egg blue, and fill them with luscious chocolate. There is another piece of me that just sits back and salivates a little bit.
Pretty, pretty Easter things. Happy Springtime.


5 comments:
Oh thank you for the eye candy! I want those Blue Eggs
So hey its your favorite cousins!! So didn't know you had a blog!! I want to invite you to mine but need your email address. I have one for you but think its old. So please email me at emunn@pocketinet.com.
We miss you guys too! I decked out the table with easter eye candy today and I don't think our guests were sufficiently impressed. I needed more ooing and ahing...I'm that shallow. When are you coming into town? The bear is dying to share her bedroom with you...
I just read your Gosh Blast it post and was cracking up! That its one of the fondest memories I have of our grandpa. In fact I have been known to say it myself more than once!
p.s. Katie I envy you in that area, my husband grew up on a farm and he swears like a sailor! (not that he will be happy I said that but the truth hurts!)
hi!
saw your comments regarding makeup on stephmodo.
looks like we have a lot in common in that department!
i'm always happy to meet people who share my affinity for makeup :)
http://the-mortensen-family.blogspot.com/2010/02/call-it-what-you-want.html
Post a Comment